Simple Product – Multiple Gift Card Products for Each Gift Card Amount
Use this if you only have a handful set prices for gift cards you will be selling, as each one will require a new product (i.e., one product will need to be created for $25, another product will need to be created for $50, and so on).
- Go to Products > Add Product.
- Fill out the usual product fields such as title, description, product image, etc.
- In the “Product Data” box, set it to “Simple Product” in the dropdown and checkmark “Gift Card.”
- Set the gift card amount and publish the product.
Variable Product – Single Gift Card Product With Gift Card Amount Dropdown
Instead of creating separate products for each gift card price, you can set up a single variable product with price options and number of customizable fields for each price set.
- Create a new product by going to Products > Add Product.
- Fill out all fields that you normally would use for a general product. For instance, do not title it “$25 Gift Card” since you will be setting a variety of prices. Instead, title it something general, such as “Gift Card.”
- In the “Product Data” box, select “Variable” from the dropdown and checkmark “Gift Card.”
- On the left hand side of the Product Data box, select “Attributes” and click the “Add” button for “Custom Product Attributes.”
- Name your attribute something like “Price” or “Gift Card Amount” and set the value for each price range in Values box separated by a “|” . Make sure the “Used for Variations” is check marked.
- Select “Save Attributes” and click on “Variations.”
- Select “Create variations from all attributes” and click “Go.”
- You will now see all of the attributes you set up. Click to the right of one of the attributes you set.
- From here, you can set the prices for each attribute, a different image for each one, and a custom description for each one.
- Click“Save Changes” and publish your product.
Now, your customers can select the amount they want for the gift card!